Sunday, January 8, 2012

Greetings All!

Hello there, allow me to introduce myself.
My name is April but I go by the name Apple. It's a nick name that my, then two year old niece gave me a few years ago and has stuck with me ever since.

I am in my early twenties, I am in the process of becoming a certified CDA, and I am a Christian Goth.
"Christian Goth?" You may be saying to yourself, "How does that work?"

Simple, Goth is not a religion and Christ told us to come as ourselves. That's the simplistic explanation; I'm sure I will do a Blog explaining just what exactly Goth is and what it means to be a Christian Goth someday. My interests are fashion, books, music, movies, etc. and maybe different from yours, but I'm just like you underneath it all.

Well, as come with the territory of my sub culture, I dress a little differently than other people. Especially in church.

Let me explain a few things. I live in a small town in North East Georgia. I'm not complaining about it, I love the quiet of the country, however the problem is that I have a lot of fancy style Gothic clothing and really I hardly ever get a chance to get all dressed in Victorian suits, Lolita dresses, top hats, veils, etc.
So I remembered the term "My Sunday Best" and I realized, "Yeah, I'll dress in MY Sunday best."

Now I have never hidden myself from the people in my church; I have always dressed in black outfits and fully admitted being a Goth as there is nothing wrong with it. However, I never really got totally fancy. I have a couple of times but I felt that the fancy clothes were for special occasions, but then I realized,
"Hey, I am in God's house! It's a special occasion just BEING here!"
So that's when I started wearing corsets, frilly dresses, top hats, veils, the whole Gothic Sha-Bang to church.

Despite what you may think, I get a lot of compliments on my outfits from the "Normies" of my church. From kids as young as 5 to ladies as old as 75 tell me that they love my wardrobe.

I had one lady come up to me and say, "I love your outfits! They're so creative!"

That's the really cool thing about my church. I'm not "Weird", "Immature", or "Sinful" to them; I'm "Creative" and "Unique"!

A couple of weeks ago I described one of the outfits I was wearing to church and got a lot of good feed back. People who where Christians and who were not, and Goths and others told me they liked my boldness and that my outfit sounded pretty.

So one of my Facebook friends wrote me and said "

You should start a blog and post pictures of your church outfits."

I thought and prayed about it and decided to do it.

So the plan is to post each of my Sunday outfits. I'll tell you what exactly it is I'm wearing, where I acquired the items, and will also discuss about Sub cultures in the church.

Well, I think that's it for now. See ya!







-

7 comments:

  1. Hey Apple, love the outfit you are wearing in this post! You looks FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogging world! Great start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I'm not a Goth, but I love their style!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited to watch this unfold and perhaps pull a few outfits out myself!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your outfit in the photo! Great blog, Apple. You are a strong person for challenging stereotypes and staying true to your faith. Can't wait for the next entry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY Apple! Well Done!

    ReplyDelete