Monday, January 9, 2012

Judgment

I want to start off with this blog by stating this:




I am NOT writing this particular blog to gain sympathy. I am not trying to make myself be persecuted or anything like that. I face judgments just like everyone does. Everyone, no matter how open minded a person claims to be, they judge. Even I do. I know it's wrong, and I pray for forgiveness when I do it, but I still do it.









Obviously I face judgments by Christians. There are a lot of religious people out there that see a girl wearing a spiked Dog Collar (though, I refer to it as a "choker") who reads Harry Potter and watch zombie movies, and their first thought is "Devil Worshiper"!



But I also get judged at parties and conventions. I personally don't like the label "Religious". To me religion is man-made. Religion are the big do's and don'ts (Though, most of them are don'ts) and religion tells you must do a lot of things in order to please your God. I consider myself more spiritual. I don't use the label of "Spiritual" as a way to make myself holier than thou. Spirituality is when you have a personal relationship with God. That's what he wants. He doesn't want our works, he wants our hearts.









Of course, I have said relationship with God, and a lot of people have called me crazy.



Anyway, the main reason I don't like the term religious because of the fact that a lot of bells ring in people's heads. When I go to parties or conventions, somehow, in some way, religion comes up. So yes, I admit that I am a Christian. I am not ashamed of my faith, but I have never really brought my faith up out of the blue. Someone brings it up, (Call it a divine intervention I guess) and so yes, I tell them that I am a Christian. Most people, it's no big deal. But I have encountered some "bug eyes" at times. It's like something going on in their heads:









"Is going to preach at me?"  "Is she going to Judge me?" "Is she going to tell me I'm going to go to hell?" "If I drink, is she going to tell me I shouldn’t?"









In fact, a lot of times I don't like to really drink in public because I get those eyes, as if they were saying "I thought you were a Christian."









So If I am a Goth, than to Christians I am either a Devil worshiper, but to some people who aren't Christians, I'm judgmental.









I am okay with this. I know who I am and someone else' opinions does not change that. All I can do is be myself, the person that God created.

2 comments:

  1. Everytime I get the urge to judge someone and pull the speck out of their eye,God reminds me of the beam in my eye. From what I have seen you are only all to aware of the beam in your own eye and do not go around trying to remove specks from the eyes of other people. Stay humble. We need more like you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like the term "religious" either, April. For me, it's always been synonymous with "Pharisee," and it's always made me picture God as being distant and apathetic toward His people. God is a relational God, and He is very interested in the details of our lives. He loves us so much; all we can do is respond to that love. Somehow "religious" just isn't the right word to describe the awesomeness of that relationship!

    I'm sorry people judge you (I completely understand how awful it can be), but for the record, I think you're one of the coolest people! I like that you have your own individual style, and that you are secure enough in your walk with the Lord not to be led astray by the negative things in Harry Potter (or anything else). Instead, you see the good things, and glorify God for them as a result! Don't stop being yourself. God created you specially and uniquely because He has a purpose for your life. You can reach people that would normally go unreached by "regular" Christians. That's a high calling! Keep being a fan for Christ!

    ReplyDelete