Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Sunday: 1/29/2012


This past Sunday was the first time I've been at church since I got an upper respiratory infection.  It felt really good to be back at church. Really it felt really good to be ANYWHERE but home, but even more so that it was church.



Since I have worn nothing but pajamas for over a week now, it felt really good putting on my corset, ruffles, bustles, and make up again. I even wore my boots that have a bit of heel to them. I may not be your stereotypical girly girl, but I am a girly girl none the less.

Church was, again, all over the place, but whenever I say that, it's a good thing, really.


Today that Pastor read a letter out loud that he received from a visitor from Wisconsin we had on Christmas day.

The letter basically summed up everything I feel about my church.

The person told Pastor A. about how impressed he was by everyone's genuine kindness and warm welcomes. How he felt like people were honestly welcoming them as first time guests because they wanted too and because they cared and not because they felt like it was the "church" thing to do.

That's the way I wish every church was like.


When my family and I started looking around at churches my family and I talked about many different things, but one of the things we discussed, was my appearance. My mother suggested not to go "too Goth", because she didn't want me to "freak them out' on my first visit. My dad on the other hand said "They might as well know who she is when they first meet her. If they can't accept her, we don't need to be going."

Did I ever mention how much I LOVE my family?

 Well, we were lucky to find The Grove (My Church). Not only does everyone accept my style, but they truly do love and care about me for me! They're not putting on an act in hoping that I "get saved". For one thing, they already know I am.

I've had people come up to me and say "I love to see you praise and Worship. It inspires me." Or "You truly do love the Lord."

Now, I am not saying this to pat myself on the back or make me seem like that I am holier than thou or perfect. I am FAR from it. However, when they give me compliments I can tell, it is truly from their hearts.

They mean every word.

They don't care what about what I wear to church, they're just glad to see a 20 something in church! And most importantly, they don't try to change me! It's like the bible says:

1st Samuel 16:7 New American Standard Version

" But the LORD said to Samuel, “Do not look at his appearance or at the height of his stature, because I have rejected him; for God sees not as man sees, for man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.”


God is more concerned about whom I am as a person and what is in my heart and soul. Not about the colors of my clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment